YOUTH EDUCATION CONFERENCE
Logan, Utah May 29 - 31, 2019 Registration is Open! Scroll down to begin
What makes an LDSHE Youth Education Conference ?
Rise and shine LDSHE youth! Start your conference day with some spiritual food and a sweet treat. Our 30-minute Devotionals will center around our theme “Become.” They are held each morning in the Eccles Business Building, Room 215, from 7:45-8:15 a.m., with donuts served afterwards in the patio area.
After our devotionals, we meet together as a group for our Opening Keynotes:
- Find inspiration and motivation to chase your dreams from life coach and mentor, Greg Denning
- Talk about humility in success with speaker and entertainer, Justin Young
- Get advice on finding your life’s purpose with leadership mentor, James Tippetts
These speakers bring together life and leadership principles with spiritual applications to help you be your best self.
The balance of our conference days are filled with break-out classes in a variety of topics and styles, usually with 2-3 classes offered per hour:
- Learn how to “Embrace your Inner Nerd” with Justin Young or start a YouTube Channel with Stuart Petty.
- Find out about incorporating travel into your homeschool with Greg Denning or get dating advice from LDS blogger, Bro. Jo.
- Attend afternoon activity classes like Dance, Art, Yoga, and Acting
- Learn “What’s Up with Me” from Susan Van Cleave and “The Art of the Joke” from Sterling Wilford
- Sign up to participate in a guided dissection of a pig heart and lungs with anatomy professor, Dr. Andy Anderson.
- Study the Book of Revelations and significant symbols from the Savior’s life with Eric Richards.
These classes, and so many more. Information about classes and presenters is COMING SOON.
There are two Game and Snack breaks each day. We get to run around and have fun. We get to know each other better. We get to make new friends each day. Plus we get to eat yummy snacks. What’s not to like about that?!
Participants are encouraged to grab their lunch and come hang out with us on the Quad. This is a great time to get to know other participants in a fun and casual setting. Sometimes our presenters join us, too, for an informal chance to talk and discuss questions. Bring a lunch from home, grab something on campus, or order a lunch. More information COMING SOON.
We have lots of fun activities for the whole family in the evening. Parents and siblings (including those that are too young to participate in the rest of the conference) are invited and encouraged to attend. See below for details.
Wednesday May 29, 7-9 p.m., Eccles Conference Center Auditorium.
Join us for a spectacular show! No matter the talent–music, drama, puppet shows, or stand up–each of us have a little spark to share. We’re excited to see what you’ll bring!
Watch or join fellow attendees in the wildest show you’ve ever seen. You know the saying: “Go big or go a little less big!”
This show is welcoming to all shapes and sizes, talents and abilities (except pyrotechnics).
The Open Mic after the show is available for that sudden rush of inspiration, so come ready to share.
Everyone is welcome to come and watch– you’re sure to have a grand spankin’ time!
For those that are participating in the show, a practice run-through will be held on Wednesday during lunch in the Eccles Conference Center Auditorium.
Thursday, May 30, 7:30-10 p.m., HPER Building, Room 211
Come join us “under the big top” to dance the night away. Our circus-themed dance party is the perfect way to have fun with your family and party with your new friends!
An exciting family dance for ages 1 to 101
Dance games and instruction.
Tasty treats, fun photo booth, and danceable music
Come and make some amazing memories!!!
Friday, May 31, 7-8 p.m., Eccles Conference Center, Auditorium
Graduating this year? Join us for an intimate, family-centered graduation ceremony. Each student is allowed to write their graduation comments, and parents hand the diplomas to their children. This is a meaningful ceremony to mark the transition onto bigger and better things.
LDSHE Graduation will be held after the close of the conference on Friday evening at 7:00 pm and all are welcome. A reception with light refreshments will follow the program.
Cost for graduates is $40 payable on the registration page.
Please also fill out this webform with your information.
Online registration begins mid-February, and runs through May 8. You can also register at the door, but we only order a few extra t-shirts, etc., so you are not guaranteed to get one.
Check-in on the first day of the conference begins at 7:15 a.m. in the Eccles Conference Center lobby.
The LDSHE Youth Education Conference is held at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. Most of the Youth classes are held in the Huntsman and Eccles Business Buildings, while adult classes are held in the nearby Eccles Conference Center. Games are played on The Quad. The Talent Extravaganza and Graduation are held in the Eccles Conference Center. The Family Dance is in 211 HPER Building.
Dress is casual, and you will be provided with a conference T-shirt which you may wear any day. Many of the games are physical in nature, so you probably want comfortable footwear. In addition, attendees are encouraged to dress modestly.
“When you are well groomed and modestly dressed, you invite the companionship of the Spirit and you can be a good influence on others” (For the Strength of Youth, 6).
Standards and Behavior:
We expect all attendees to show courtesy and respect to other participants, speakers, and chaperones.
Cell phones are allowed, but we ask that you be respectful of others by not using them for texting, games, conversations, etc. and silencing them during devotionals, classes, or other activities.
The safety of our participants is of highest priority. We ask that participants stay with the group and follow instructions during and between activities. Attendees will have easy access to their parents (who are in the building across from the Business Buildings) throughout the conference.
All youth must have a parent who is registered for the LDSHE Conference and who is present at the conference center. No exceptions. In the event of an emergency, the attending parent will be contacted immediately, and the participant will be placed in their care. Parents are responsible for their own youth. LDSHE is not able to chaperone outside of the planned class and daytime activities; we chaperone activities, not individual youth.
- Come ready to meet new people, participate in activities, and to have fun.
- Come ready to learn! There are so many classes with all different kinds of topics– everyone will find something to interest them. Check out all the choices on our website before you arrive so you can begin to make decisions.
- Figure out what you are going to eat for lunch. With only an hour break, you don’t have a lot of time to go off-campus. Besides, we want you to come and hang out with us! So make a lunch to bring, order one when you register, or figure out where you can grab lunch on campus. (MORE INFO COMING SOON)
- Sign up for the Talent Show: singing, dancing, musical instruments, skits, juggling, magic– all are welcome.
- Are you a senior? Sign up to graduate with us.
Conference Early Bird Prices: Save $10 per person when you register before March 15th!
- Three Day Youth Education Conference $98
Enjoy three days full of classes,snack and game time, and evening events for one low price. Youth T-shirt, snacks, knapsack, and Guidebook included. Youth registrations must be accompanied by parent registrations.
- Per-Day Registration $45
Can you only come one or two days? Use this link to sign up for the days you can join us.
- Sibling Discounts SAVE!
Register multiple family members and save! Each additional sibling registration for the Three-Day Youth Education Conference will be $15 less than the previous one: $15 off your second youth, $30 off the third, $45 off the fourth, $60 off a fifth or more youth from the same family (and our blessings as well). These discounts will show up averaged between all the Youth registrations at check-out.