HOME EDUCATION CONFERENCE
Logan, Utah May 29-31, 2019
Registration is open!
Susan Van Cleave
LDSHE Logan Conference President
Each day we’ll gather together as a group for an opening keynote. The speakers will each address a different aspect of this year’s theme, “Define Your Joy.”
- Jessica Croker, Mindful Living Coach and homeschooling mother of six (Wednesday)
- Greg Denning, Total Transformation mentor, coach, and trainer and homeschooling father of seven (Thursday)
- Marlene Peterson, Founder and President of Libraries of Hope (Friday morning)
- Justin Young, author, speaker, and entertainer (Friday afternoon with the youth also attending)
Thirty different speakers will be presenting thirty-eight different break-out classes. Almost all have experience in homeschooling their own kids. They’ve faced the many challenges that homeschoolers face. They are prepared to share what’s worked for them and what hasn’t.
The balance of our conference days will be filled with break-out classes, some given by well-known names in the homeschooling world and others by Mentor Moms and Dads, who will share their insights and the inspiration they’ve experienced working hard to homeschool their own children.
On Wednesday at our Foundations Seminar we’ll focus on setting priorities, creating a schedule that works well for you and your children, dealing with issues surrounding socialization, and ensuring that Christ is a part of your homeschool.
Or choose to attend the Fueling Your Fire Seminar, to learn how your thoughts affect your emotions and your outlook on life, how to better understand yourself, self-care strategies, how to form sustainable habits, and how to ground yourself throughout your day.
On Thursday and Friday choose from many excellent topics such as:
School Subjects and Strategies – anatomy, art, history, science, literature, Come Follow Me, simulations, traveling homeschool, financial smarts, Hebrew
Philosophies – Nature Schooling, Principle education – using personal revelation, love languages, organizing life, emotional intelligence, neuroplasticity and how kids learn
Age-Specific classes – homeschooling high school, creating peer group classes, teaching multiple ages, helping kids transition to adulthood, homeschool graduate panel
Be in the auditorium by 8 a.m. for a chance to win fabulous door prizes donated by vendors participating in our Conference Marketplace. You’ll also hear the day’s announcements and begin to get to know the Conference Volunteers and the other Conference Attendees.
LDSHE Conferences are more than just a series of fabulous and informative classes. They build a community. Much of the relationship-building occurs in the evenings when we gather together with new friends.
- Parent Chat (Wednesday & Thursday) – join other homeschooling adults to talk about the classes of the day, struggles you may be having in your homeschool, or the great book you recently read. This is a place to find support and new friendships.
- Youth Talent Show (Wednesday) – if you have a teen with a talent or just a great knock-knock joke, encourage them to sign up for the talent show. Even if you don’t have a youth attending the conference, you’re welcome to attend. You’ll be struck by the warmth and support you’ll see exhibited by the performers and the audience. It will confirm that your decision to homeschool was the right one. Plus you’ll be able to enjoy some great music and laughs.
- Family Dance (Thursday) – no gathering of Saints is complete without a dance. All ages are invited, so bring your whole family and trip the lights fantastic. Or just sit and watch the fun.
- Graduation Celebration (Friday) – take a moment to reflect on how far your child (and you!) have come by participating in the LDSHE Graduation Celebration. Brainstorm with your youth how they can participate, and have them sign up here!
Youth Education Conference
While the adults are gathered, listening to an array of informative and inspiring speakers, youth, ages 12-18, are experiencing their own conference, filled with classes, games, and friendships. Check out what the Youth Conference Team has planned!
Be sure to take time while at the conference to browse our Marketplace, with plenty of fresh ideas and solid curriculum choices for your homeschool. You’ll be glad you did!
Conference Early Bird Prices: Save $10 per person when you register before March 15th
- Three Day Package: Home Education Conference with Foundations or Fueling Your Fire Seminar $149
Wednesday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. choose from a wonderful variety of classes, then enjoy great evening activities for parents, youth, and kids. Spouses are FREE at LDSHE! Also includes a Conference Guidebook and tote bag.
- Home Education Conference Per-Day Admission $59
Can you only attend one or two days? We'd still love for you to come! Select the day you'll be attending on the Registration page. Includes Conference Guidebook and tote bag.
- Three Day Youth Education Conference $98
Youth ages 12 to 18 enjoy three days of learning and fun with new friends. Includes a youth knapsack, Guidebook, snacks, T-shirt, and evening activities.
- Per-Day Youth Education Conference Admission $45
Includes a youth knapsack, Guidebook, snacks, T-shirt, and evening activities.
- Sibling Discounts SAVE
Bringing more than one youth to the conference? Each additional sibling registration for the Three-Day Youth Education Conference will be $15 less than the previous one: $15 off your second youth, $30 off the third, $45 off the fourth, $60 off a fifth or more youth from the same family (and our blessings as well). These discounts will show up averaged between all the Youth registrations at check-out.
Online registration ends May 20th. At-the-door registration available.
Utah State University’s Inn and Conference Center
Stay right on campus during the LDSHE West conference, and enjoy convenience, a great lodging discount, and more fun with all your new homeschool friends! The University Inn & Conference Center is located at the heart of Utah State University’s campus. The hotel has 74 guest rooms and suites and offers 24-hour guest services.
Enjoy the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Breakfast with Waffle Bar and Signature Pastries
- High Speed Internet
- FREE Covered Parking
- Access to Campus Recreational Facilities
- Cup of Famous Aggie Ice Cream!
- Coffee Maker & Hot Chocolate
Classic Room (Two Queen Beds) Rate: $94 per night
Deluxe Room(One King Bed) Rate: $104 per night
Grand Suite – $129 per night (Grand Suite booking by phone only)
To book a Classic or Deluxe room online at our group rate click here. Click “Complete Reservation” to begin reservation process.