MAY 6 - 8, 2020
THE FOUNDERS INN
A Message from the 2020 Youth Conference Team
Come catch the waves at Virginia Beach and make some memories.
"I've never been to an LDSHE conference. What is it like?"
At LDSHE conferences, people really “get” you. Where else can you spend three days with LDS youth who are on the same self-education path as you are? You will learn from the fantastic speakers, but also from the examples of new friends.
Choose between four different classes each hour; there’s sure to be something new for you to learn. From classes on art, leadership, and being an awesome teen–we’ve got you covered!
Twice each day we get up and move, playing games, socializing, and having snacks with our groups. Then don’t leave in the evening, because we’ve got great plans!
Wednesday, May 6
7:00 – 8:00 pm
Get 20/20 vision for this year’s talent show. We want to see you performing!! It will be the bees knees, so berry, a swell rub, the cat’s pajamas!
- Youth ages 12-18 have the chance to showcase their skills for the whole conference to see.
- Do you juggle? Are you a jazzy musician? Do you do magic? Are you a hoofer? Or stand up comedy? We want you in the show!
- Talent not listed above? Bring it to the stage!
- Submit your polished performance by April 1st on this webform.
- We’ll also watch a slideshow of you doing awesome things. Please submit pictures of your talents by April 18th at this link.
Can’t wait to see you in this new decade!
Wednesday May 6
8 – 9:30 p.m.
Join us after the Talent Show for a youth PARTY around the world!
- Play games from around the world!
- Learn world dances!
- Fill up your passport to win prizes as you explore different countries!
- Party for youth ages 12 to 18
Come join the fun as we PARTY AROUND THE WORLD!!
Thursday, May 7
Ladies and Gents! Come one, COME ALL! We invite you to a ROARING ’20s experience!! The one, the only, the LIIIINDY HOP!!!
- Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the first family dance of the Roaring Twenties!
- Be prepared to dance the night away with your family and friends!
- All ages are welcome at this exceptional event (as long as you “ain’t misbehavin'”)
- We encourage you to dress in style reminiscent of a century ago!
There will be lots of music, dancing, games and plenty of vittles to down in between! Can’t wait to see you there!!!
Friday, May 8
Graduating this year? Seniors, CLICK HERE to sign up for graduation before April 1st to participate.
Join us for a family-centered graduation ceremony to mark the transition onto bigger and better things.
LDSHE Graduation Celebration will be held after the close of the conference on Friday evening at 7:00 pm and all are welcome. A reception and dance with light refreshments will follow the program.
Cost for graduates is $40 payable on the registration page.
The LDSHE-East 2020 Youth Education Conference is being held at the Founders Inn in Virginia Beach. Information on the discounted room rates will be available on the Adult conference page–scroll to the bottom.
Check-in on the first day of the conference begins at 7:15 a.m. in the Founders Inn Conference Center lobby.
Dress is casual, and you will be provided with a conference T-shirt which you may wear any day. Many of the games are physical in nature, so you probably want comfortable footwear. In addition, attendees are encouraged to dress modestly.
“When you are well groomed and modestly dressed, you invite the companionship of the Spirit and you can be a good influence on others” (For the Strength of Youth, 6).
Standards and Behavior:
We expect all attendees to show courtesy and respect to other participants, speakers, and chaperones.
Cell phones are allowed, but we ask that you be respectful of others by not using them for texting, games, conversations, etc. and silencing them during devotionals, classes, or other activities.
The safety of our participants is of highest priority. We ask that participants stay with the group and follow instructions during and between activities. Attendees will have easy access to their parents throughout the conference.
All youth must have a parent who is registered for the LDSHE Conference and who is present at the conference center. No exceptions. In the event of an emergency, the attending parent will be contacted immediately, and the participant will be placed in their care. Parents are responsible for their own youth. LDSHE is not able to chaperone outside of the planned class and daytime activities; we chaperone activities, not individual youth.
- Come ready to meet new people, participate in activities, and to have fun.
- Come ready to learn! There are so many classes with all different kinds of topics– everyone will find something to interest them. Check out all the choices on our website before you arrive so you can begin to make decisions.
- Sign up for the Talent Show: singing, dancing, musical instruments, skits, juggling, magic– all are welcome.
- Send us your photos for the Talent Extravaganza slideshow.
- Are you a senior? Sign up to graduate with us by April 1st.
- Bring a reusable water bottle for game & snack time.
The policy at the East Youth Education Conference is that attending youth be age 12 to 18. The West conference is allowing 11 year-old youth who turn 12 before the end of the year to attend, but the East conference is much bigger and the leadership has opted to keep the policy that youth must be 12 at the time of the conference.
Registration opens for LDSHE Membership holders on Feb. 8th; for non-members on Feb. 22nd.
Join today and receive 10% off your adult conference admission!
This is in addition to our Special 2020 Early-Bird Prices which run through March 13th.
- Three-Day Youth Education Conference Regular Price $109 Now $87.20
Enjoy three days full of classes, snack and game time, and evening events for one low price. Youth T-shirt, knapsack, Guidebook (not guaranteed for those registering after April 15), and snacks included. Youth registrations must be accompanied by parent registrations.
- One-Day Registration Regular Price $55 Now $44
Can you only come one or two days? Sign up for just the days you can join us.
- Sibling Discounts SAVE!
Register multiple family members and save! Each additional sibling registration for the Three-Day Youth Education Conference will be $15 less than the previous one: $15 off your second youth, $30 off the third, $45 off the fourth or more youth from the same family. These discounts will show up averaged between all the Youth registrations at check-out.